4.02.2016

Sunny Saturdays

I need this weekend like Luke needs his peanut butter.  Guys, praise God for weekends!  He knew we needed a break and boy, oh boy, do I need one this week. A little shopping, coffee, and time with friends and family is on the docket for today and I am beyond thrilled.  I hope you have something pleasant planned as well. 

This week was a bit, um, uneventful and extra extra l-o-n-g, but there were a few things that brought me a little extra sunshine.


I came home Monday night after spending time with a friend to these purple flowers.  Kevin and Luke picked them for me and they were the cutest.  I have no idea what they are called or how they grow or anything, but it totally made my night.  I love my boys.



When did clipboards become wall hangings?  I have no idea, but I love it.  I hung these IKEA clipboards in the playroom and they are perfect for switching out Luke and Lily's 'artwork' aka stickers on paper.  I also have one in my basement office.  They work everywhere.



I know there are lots of Mommas out there planting succulents like it's their job.  Me too.  I love how you don't have to water them, like ever, and they survive.  They look so grown up and simple and make me look like I have it all together.  Ha.  I planted mine in a mini mason jar and it's been alive for at least a month.  #winning



I found this sweet candle shop on Instagram and finally pulled the trigger and ordered one of their candles.  This Mint Nectarine candle from Candelles is spot on.  I am not into huge scents (except lavender), and this one is subtle mint.  Kevin is super sensitive to smells and hasn't said a thing yet, which is a good sign.



Those of you who know me well know I am a bit addicted to Starbucks.  It is my special treat when I head into the 'city'.  My usual is either a decaf nonfat vanilla latte or, if I'm feeling a little more indulgent, a decaf nonfat peppermint mocha.  BUT, I have recently discovered their flat whites because a sweet Starbucks-loving friend of mine insisted I try one.  They are heavenly. I do a decaf vanilla flat white and I can't say enough how much I love this little concoction.  What is the difference between a latte and a flat white?  I had the same question.  It's all in the pour.  After a bit of research I discovered a bit more about lattes and flat whites.  A latte is poured using a spoon to hold back the froth and then it's topped with a dollop of froth.  A flat white is a free pour of velvet mix of froth of liquid.  Honestly, I'm not totally sure what all that means, but guys, it's good.  Try a flat white the next time you find yourself needing a coffee, not just at Starbucks, but anywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...