3.26.2016

Sunny Saturdays

It's Easter weekend.  Celebrating the resurrection of my King is one of my favorite times of year.  We are spending the weekend in my hometown and there will be lots of visits, hugs, laughter, and yummy food.  This past week was another quiet one with Luke coming down with a fever the first part of the week, but he recovered and so we spent the second half of the week with friends and at MOPS. 



Can you believe we have flowers blooming on the Trail?  It's officially spring!  Daffodils are everywhere and Luke and Lily have been happily picking them whenever we are outside.  One of the perks of country life is being able to grow cut flowers pretty much anywhere and everywhere.  I was lucky enough to inherit gardens from my mother-in-law who is literally a Master Gardener.  Since I didn't plant these, I found some good information about planting and caring for daffodils.  



Do you read chapter books to your toddler?  I didn't until a few weeks ago.  Luke and I started reading Winnie-the-Pooh after we checked it out from the library (along with his fifty car/train/truck books).  We read it after nap time everyday, when he needs some down time to wake up.  I have to give credit where credit is due.  My good friend, Annie, inspired me to read this after she had the cutest Winnie-the Pooh party for her sweet-as-pie two year old daughter, Ellen.  It was also on this book list I found when I was searching out chapter books to read with Luke and Lily.  Honestly, it is a little strange, but in a good way.  Christopher Robin is so sweet with Pooh and some of the tag lines just give me all the mom feelings.  The Hundred Acre Wood is where this sweet story takes place and it reminds me of what I pray and hope my littles's childhood would be like...full of imagination and adventure.    If you have any other great chapter books you have read with your toddler, I would love to hear them!

Last week I mentioned that Kevin and I went to Kansas City and had some adult only shopping time at World Market.  Kevin has always liked clear glass coffee mugs because our favorite Omaha spot, M's Pub, used them to serve coffee.  Unfortunately, M's Pub had a fire this winter and is under construction.  We have so many memories at this place, including a Christmas dinner tradition and dates right before both of our children were born.  Needless to say, this place holds a special place in our hearts and relationship.  We found these glass mugs at World Market and couldn't pass them up.  They bring a little 'M's' to our everyday.

For those of you stopping by for the first time, I am a bit of a clean freak.  I love a good cleaning product like all of the rest of the clean freaks out there.  This Mrs. Meyers Lavender Glass Cleaner is simply awesome.  I never thought I liked lavender until I cleaned my windows with this stuff.  It is so yummy.

This saying and print is just the sweetest.  I'm not sure where I saw this quote first, but I absolutely fell in love with it.  It's from a Doug Stone song called, 'Little Houses'.  This print is from the Etsy shop Willow and Olive.  I love that it's an instant download and super reasonable at $5.  It currently sits on the ledge behind our wood burning stove.  I'm sure it will move around the house as time goes on.




That's it for this Saturday.  Hope you all have a super Sunny Saturday and a beautiful resurrection Sunday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...