3.29.2016

Cheerio Bars

We like peanut butter around here.  When I was a newbie to this mom thing, I was just a teensy bit terrified Luke would be allergic to peanut butter.  Kevin loves peanut butter just about as much as I love chocolate.  And, well, put them together and I definitely am eating the whole pan of whatever.  So, our child just couldn't be allergic to peanut butter.  Turns out, he isn't. Neither is Lily.  We found out Lily was in the clear pretty early on, because Luke leaves peanut butter on just about every surface he touches. #ihavedirtycupboards He is Kevin's clone.

Luke and I made these bars together.  Lily was chatting in her crib while she was supposed to be napping and Luke and I put on our aprons (so cute!) and got busy.  Luke was able to do many of the steps, which allowed for lots of learning.  And it held his attention since these literally took 15 minutes to throw together.


Of course, the best part was sampling after lunch.  My picky little man ate up his lunch so he could have a Cheerio bar.  Who am I kidding, I ate up my lunch so I could have a Cheerio bar.  Lily did the same.  They definitely got a thumbs up from both kiddos and I had to wait until their afternoon nap time so I could have just a few more bites.

  

Here is the easy peesy recipe:

Cheerio Bars

2 T butter
1 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter
5 cups Cheerios - You can use any kind.  I used Multi-Grain Cheerios.

1.  Melt butter in saucepan.
2.  Add marshmallows and stir constantly over medium heat.
3.  Add peanut butter and stir until smooth.
4.  Slowly add in Cheerios.  Stir until combined.
5.  Spread into a 9x13 greased pan.  (I put butter on my hands and smash it down.)

Hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...