9.09.2014

Busy Boxes


Busy boxes are all over Pinterest.  I have been pinning, pinning, pinning, in hopes of having the motivation to make them for Luke before upcoming Baby Girl's arrival.  The past few weeks I have put them together and my hope is they will keep Luke busy while I feed, change, burp, and rock Baby Girl.  

Most of the items I found for the busy boxes I already had.  A few I had to scour cupboards or Hobby Lobby for, but 95% of the objects were already in my house.  My hope is that using only one box each day of the week will provide Luke with an excitement that he is opening up a box of new items everyday. Now, those beginning days will be different, as I will be a milk machine for most of the day, but after that, things should slow down a bit and one busy box a day should work for Luke.

Here is a breakdown of each day of the week box and the contents:

Monday

Contents:

Tuesday

Contents:
Wednesday


Contents:

  • Number puzzle
  • Pencils
  • Dice
  • Highlights Hello magazine
Thursday

Contents:
  • Letter blocks
  • Paper cups
  • Alphabet book
Friday

Contents:
  • Container with straws
  • Plastic bugs
  • Cut up toilet paper rolls
  • Highlights Hello magazine
There are so many options for items to place in Busy Boxes.  I'm sure I will change out items as Luke grows tired of these boxes.  Dollar Tree, Target dollar bins, and Hobby Lobby are perfect places to find items for busy boxes.  Here are some other ideas for Busy Boxes (for me to reference for when I have 'new mom' brain).
  • Poms
  • Buttons
  • Scoops 
  • Clothespins
  • Pipe cleaners
  • Small plastic containers
  • Plastic eggs
  • Beads
  • Pool noodles (cut up)
  • Puzzles
  • Writing boards
  • Foam letters and numbers
  • Magnetic letters and numbers
  • Lacing beads
Good luck with your busy boxes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...