8.12.2014

Dairy Free Wacky Cake


I had the privilege of baking last week...and it was glorious!  It's not often I get to whip out my baking supplies to make something sweet, as Kevin has vetoed sweets since November.  It's always a treat when we have guests over because it means I have an excuse to make something yummy.  

Our good friends and Council Bluffs Journey Group leaders, Brian and BobbiAnn, came out for dinner last week.  Their daughter, Claire, is just four days younger than Luke.  She is such a sweetie and it's always fun to get her and Luke together.  Claire has an allergy to dairy products, so I wanted to make a cake that even she could enjoy.  I found this wacky cake recipe on Little House Living and it is definitely a winner because of it's yumminess and simplicity.  I'm not sure you can tell it's even dairy free...but I will let you be the judge of that.  Hope you try!

Wacky Cake

Ingredients
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup oil
2 cups water

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Mix all ingredients together until there are no lumps.  I suggest using a Kitchen Aid mixer.
3.  Pour batter into lightly greased 9x13 pan.  
4.  Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
5.  Top with soy whipped cream.  If dairy isn't an issue for you, a cream cheese frosting is great on top as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...