6.15.2014

Happy Daddy's Day

I am blessed to have some pretty amazing Dads in my life.  Happy Father's Day, guys!

My Father-in-law
Where to start with Gary?  When I started dating Kevin, Gary always made me feel welcome and comfortable.  He is a gracious and generous man and I knew if Kevin was anything like him, I would be lucky to be in this family.  As the years have gone on, I have learned that he is an incredibly hardworking man.  There have been so many times he has dropped everything to come help us at the farm and I am so SO glad they decided to build so close to us, because I don't know what we would do without him!  Have a wonderful Father's Day, Gary, and thanks for all you do for us!



My Dad
I grew up with a loving, caring Dad who coached me in sports and always supported me no matter how many mistakes I made.  He was my Dad, my coach, and my hero.  As a little girl, I remember him as this tall (he's not that tall), strong, penny-pinching, YMCA-loving man that snuggled with me and loved me unconditionally.  Now that we're both older, he is not that tall, but still pretty strong, still penny-pinching, and my Dad still loves the YMCA and all things sports.  I am sad I cannot be with him today because I want to give him a hug and tell him what a great Dad he has been to me.  I love you, Dad, and I hope you have a wonderful day!  






My Husband
I might be a teensy bit bias, but I am pretty sure Kevin is the greatest Dad ever.  (I hope every wife thinks that of her husband today and everyday.)  But really, Kevin is the greatest.  I never expected him to be so loving, so playful, so invested in Luke.  Don't get me wrong, I had pretty high expectations going into this parenthood thing, but Kevin has completely surpassed them.  God has given me such a blessing in Kevin and I have to sometimes pinch myself to remember that he is mine. 



Some of my favorite memories of Kevin as a Daddy (so far): 

Luke sleeping on Kevin's chest when the days and nights blended together during those early days.



Kevin giving Luke a bath (this is still one of my favorite parts of the day...to watch them together).




Luke sleeping on Kevin during airplane rides.



Luke's 1st time at the Quarry with Kevin.



Kevin making Luke giggle all. the. time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...