4.27.2014

Tot School {Color Matching}

Tot School has been on the back burner for the past few weeks as we have been traveling.  We finally started to get back into the swing of things last week.  I decided to go with a 'rainbow' theme for the next month.  I have lots of items around the house I can already use and I have been wanting to formally (ha) introduce colors to Luke.  Like I said, we started to get back into the swing of things this week, but we're not all the way there, yet.  I'm giving myself grace as the weather gets nice outside and there is garden work to be done.  Hopefully this week will be a little more, um, well planned.  I have this entire rainy day on the Trail to get organized, so wish me luck!

Color Matching

Rating: 5/5

Skills:
Colors: red, yellow, green, blue
Sorting
Counting
Fine motor development
Sensory development

Activity:
This is the activity we used all week long.  I pick up four felt pieces from Hobby Lobby awhile ago in the colors red, yellow, green, and blue.  I used several of Luke's toys he has around the house to help him sort the colors.  We used magnetic letters (his favorite), Legos, cars, and pipe cleaners.  Although Luke hasn't quite deciphered the difference in colors and how we are sorting them, I know he is learning as I help him sort the items.  As we sorted, I talked about the color of each item and how it matches one of the mats.  This activity has endless possibilities and I plan on using it all month long with different items.

(Excuse the quality of some of these pictures.)







Markers

Rating: 5/5

Skills:
Colors: red, yellow, green, blue
Fine motor development
Art
Pre-writing

Activity:
I gave Luke the four colors we have been working on all week (red, yellow, green, blue) and he drew a picture.  Markers is one of his favorite materials to work with when we do art.  Markers are great for toddlers because they make big, bold marks they can see.  Most of the time Luke comes away with red and green fingers, but Crayola markers are washable, so I don't worry so much about that. 









Linked up at:

http://www.icanteachmychild.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...