2.11.2014

Cloth Diapers: Thirsties

I am still saving the planet by using cloth diapers.  (If this is your first time reading, I am being completely, totally, utterly sarcastic.)  I cloth diaper to save trips to the store for diapers and because they're so darn cute.  Saving the earth is definitely an added bonus.  

I have been cloth diapering for about 14 months and have very few complaints.  I have used Awesome Blossom diapers in the past as well as the Bum Genius 4.0 diaper and am now using Thirsties duo fab diapers (size 2: 18-40 pounds) as well as the others I have mentioned.  I was lucky enough to acquire a huge mass of Thirsties diapers from a good friend from Cooking Club.  (Thanks, Rachel!)  

Duo Fab Fitted

Duo Wrap (cover) 

My favorite diapers, by far, are the Thirsties diapers, as well as the Bum Genius Freetime diapers.  I use Thirsties during the day and Bum Genius diapers at night.  It's pretty simple why these diapers are my favorites...no leaks and no stuffing.  The Bum Genius 4.0 diaper is a pocket diaper and I dreaded stuffing those every night.  I know some people don't mind this, but it wasn't for me.  The Thirsties and Bum Genius Freetime diapers are super easy to use and clean.  I always opt for the snap closure, as I have seen first hand how the hook and loop (velcro) can get messy and deteriorate.  I don't know how to sew, so I would be unable to replace the velcro.   

I feel like I finally have the amount of cloth diapers that I need to stay sane.  For all you cloth diapering Mamas out there...don't give up if you don't like the first cloth diapers you buy.  Search and scour swap pages and seek out cloth diaper sales to find less expensive diapers that you can try.  

Some of you have probably noticed that Luke is mostly naked in the pictures I post.   That is because he is so stinkin' cute in his cloth diapers, why mess with clothes?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...