2.18.2014

Banana Oat Bites


We have been on a health kick lately on the Trail.  Kevin started it with his 'not eating anything sweet thing' back in November and it has lasted this long.  Can you believe he hasn't eaten anything sweet since then??!  Me either.  It's unbelievable....but his hard work has paid off and he looks great.  Really great.  

Kevin has been rubbing off on me lately, and, to top it off, we had a trainer/Pilates instructor/health coach come and talk to us at MOPS last week.  She was wonderfully motivating and I learned so much, even if I was cringing at the notion of making brownies with olive oil or (gasp) applesauce.  I am somewhat of a baking purist, but have decided I'm going to be open to trying new things.

I decided to start searching for some healthy breakfast foods for Kevin, Luke, and I and these super easy banana oat bites were perfect.  They are simply oats and bananas and a dash of cinnamon.  What could be easier?  Luke gobbled these up, and that is a big deal, considering he gives me 'that look' every time I put a piece of banana in front of him.  Hope you try!

Banana Oat Bites
Adapted from The Rookie Cook

Ingredients
1 large ripe banana
1 cup old fashioned oats
Dash of cinnamon

Directions
1.  Mash ripe banana.
2.  Pour oats in blender or food processor and blend until semi-fine.
3.  Mix banana, oats, and cinnamon.
4.  Spray or line mini muffin pan.  
5.  Drop spoonfuls of banana mixture into muffin pan.
6.  Bake at 350* for 15 minutes. 

These are best right out of the oven.  Luke will eat them cold, but they just aren't as good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...