7.17.2013

Pumpkin Muffins...in July



Yes, I made pumpkin muffins in July.  Yes, I know pumpkin is reserved for fall.

I don't care.

And you won't either after you make these muffins.  If you're anything like me, you love fall baking.  I tried these muffins last year and loved them.  Mostly because they're dense and yummy, but also because they are simple and easy to get from the bowl to the oven.  Did I mention there are only 3 ingredients?  I love that about them, too.

I made these last night because I was craving something sweet and didn't want a whole pan of bars or brownies in my kitchen tempting me.  Because these are individual muffins, I can freeze some of the batch for another time when I'm craving something sweet (which is like every night).  

I shared these muffins with some of my favorite people today...Amelia Mae and her mommy, Kara.  Amelia had one without frosting and Kara and I enjoyed the full fat version.  Hope you try!

Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients
1 box spice cake mix
1 15 ounce can pumpkin
Icing of choice (I cheated and used a can of frosting.)

Directions
1.  Beat cake mix and pumpkin in stand mixer.
2.  Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter.
3.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
4.  Cool completely then frost.



this was so sweet...miss amelia feeding luke cheerios

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...