5.14.2013

DIY Chalkboard Pot

We have a chalkboard wall in our living room space and we have used it for many important and not so important events in our life here on the Trail.  

We used it to announce to our parents that we were expecting.

We used it at our gender reveal party so guests could cast their vote for boy or girl.

We used it for the kids to draw on when they came to visit last summer.

We used it to welcome guests.

We used it to put up Bible scripture for a specific occasion or just as a loving reminder of all God has promised us.  

Needless to say, I love our chalkboard wall.  We have quite a bit of leftover chalkboard paint, so I thought I would get busy using it up.  Diane had some small pots she wasn't using, so I decided to give them a makeover.  It was a slow project, but an easy one.  The reason it was so slow was because I had to wait for the coats of primer and paint to dry.  Other than it being slow, I had fun with this simple project.  I am always searching for something I can paint with that beloved chalkboard paint!  Let me know if you have any ideas!

Supplies
Primer
Chalkboard paint
Potting soil
Plant
Chalk


This was the original pot.



I sprayed it with primer and let it dry.



I painted two coats of chalkboard paint on the pot.  After it was dry I 'primed' the paint by rubbing a good layer of chalk on it and then wiped it off.  I planted a basil plant in the pot.  If I were going to do it again, I would first 'prime' the paint with the chalk, then pot the plant.




Now, it's ready to write on...tadaa!



These would be a great Mother's Day gift or Teacher Appreciation gift.  Too bad those holidays were all last week; maybe I'll have some ready for next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...