4.03.2013

Peanut Butter Wednesdays: Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Midway through the week I always get a craving for something sweet.  Well, who I am kidding, I am always craving something sweet, but it seems to really get to me on Wednesday.  I decided to make something sweet every Wednesday and post about it, but then I got to thinking that swimsuit season is coming up and if I bake something sweet every Wednesday I might not be making it to our swimming hole too often this summer and I really love our swimming hole.  So....then I thought that if I make something sweet that Kevin will eat the swimsuit problem might be solved and I can still go to the swimming hole this summer.  Solution: Peanut Butter Wednesdays (Kevin loves peanut butter).  Every Wednesday I will post a peanut butter recipe I tried and give you the rundown on how it delicious it turns out.  I can't tell you how excited I am for this!

yummy yummy jif!!
This week I tried peanut butter cup cookies.  This cookie reminds me of peanut butter blossoms, but with some extra peanut buttery goodness.  It's a simple recipe; the hardest part is not gobbling up the Reese's peanut butter cups as you're unwrapping them. 

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Ingredients
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick butter softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg beaten at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
35 peanut butter cups; 11 oz bag of Reese's peanut butter cups

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  
2.  Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together.
3.  In separate bowl cream butter, brown sugar, sugar, and peanut butter until fluffy.  Add egg, vanilla, and milk.  
4.  Mix dry ingredients into bowl with wet ingredients until a non-sticky dough forms.
5.  Form dough into 35 small balls.  Place into an ungreased mini muffin pan.  
6.  Bake for 8 minutes in preheated  oven.  While cookies are baking, unwrap peanut butter cups.
7.  Quickly push peanut butter cups down on cookies.
8.  Let cool, refrigerate for 10 minutes to set up.  Carefully remove from pan.

You can print the recipe here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...