4.17.2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

While I was pregnant, I was obsessed with cookies.  I had at least one cookie everyday of my third trimester.  I don't want to even think about how many Oreos entered my body, it was ridiculous.  These cookies are not Oreos, but something I think are are so much better.  They are peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies.  I found them over at averie cooks.  The reasons I decided to try these cookies are 1) there were only 6 ingredients and 2) two of the ingredients were chocolate and peanut butter.  Easy decision. I hope you try these because they are melt in our mouth good.  The swirls of chocolate goodness intertwined with the peanut butter is just scrumptious.  And please, please have one right out of the oven.  They are heavenly.

A few things I would highly recommend: don't substitute chocolate chips for the chocolate, it's worth the extra step of cutting and the Honey Roasted peanut butter helps this cookie a lot; try it!


Ingredients:
1 cup Skippy Honey Roasted Peanut Butter (any store bought peanut butter can be substituted)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg 
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 oz. chopped baking chocolate (I used bittersweet)

Cooking instructions
1. Mix peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla together using a mixer until non sticky dough forms.
2. Add baking soda.
3. Slowly stir in chopped baking chocolate.
4. Refrigerate dough for 2 hours (or longer).
5. Drop balls of dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Flatten the balls slightly.
6. Bake at 350 for 4 minutes, rotate, then bake for 4 more minutes.
7. Let cookies cool on sheet for 5-10 minutes, then remove and place on rack.



You can print the recipe here!

yes, i did swipe that chocolate up with my finger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...